The transportation sector has been for a long time a core area for AVM, having focused on the diverse areas covered by this sector…
The transportation sector has been for a long time a core area for AVM, having focused on the diverse areas covered by this sector. In the shipping area, AVM has a highly specialised team and broad experience within a vast portfolio of projects and subjects, especially:
- Support to shipyards, ship owners and navigation companies within the framework of their operations;
- Financing of vessels including the constitution of maritime mortgages and advising mortgagees;
- Organisation and assistance with registration procedures of vessels in the International Shipping Registry of Madeira (MAR), including recreational crafts and merchant shipping crafts;
- Specialised advice in all aspects resulting from the activity governed by maritime law and related disciplines, such as finance, corporate finance, international tax planning and tax efficiency;
- Dealing with all the litigation associated with transport and storage of products, including execution of attachment, insurance and financing related with the acquisition of vessels;
- Licensing of activity and contracting connected with the carriage of passengers and goods by road and rail.
Our experience also includes competences in the area of aviation law. Our team is able to render a wide-range of legal services, multidisciplinary and integrated, being aware of the legal particularities and the applicable national and international legislation.
We also provide assistance with insurance matters, agreements, as well as civil responsibility of entities which manage airports and handling companies. Further, we assist with financing agreements, renting operations and mortgages over aircrafts.
We have participated in large projects involving the following areas:
- Drafting regulations;
- Providing legal opinions aimed at implementing airline companies and daily management acts;
- Registration of aircrafts with the registration authorities;
- Assistance with contracting hull, turbines and civil responsibility insurances, including the relevant reinsurance;
- Regulatory issues related with transportation by air;
- Tax and customs assistance with cargo issues, import and export of parts;
- Administrative and general litigation, involving several subjects of aviation law, including matters related with passengers’ rights
AVM´s experience also covers Terrestrial Transportation, focusing essentially in litigation aspects arising from terrestrial transportation agreements and assistance on the relationship of transportation companies with the relevant regulatory entities and with state entities with competence in the transportation area.